Monday, August 9, 2010

Signs Signs everywhere signs... don't do this, do that, can't you read the signs

I was watching an awesome lady preacher on TV Saturday night. She was talking about how she wants to know that she is doing what God wants her to do. She told the story of how her husband asked God for a very specific sign that they were supposed to be married (this was before they got married, of course hehe) and how God totally revealed it to him in a very specific way.

So, even though J and I are absolutely sure that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing, I asked God to give me a sign. I was halfway being silly and I didn't really think much about it.

Then yesterday, I decided to watch a Netflix movie on my computer while my kids were busy playing. I randomly picked a movie and I had NO IDEA what it was about. Out of thousands of movies that I could have picked, this one was about adoption. It was about an adult adoptee who wanted children very badly but did not want to adopt bc her mother adopted and she didn't want to be just like her mother. Everyone kept telling her that she would love an adopted child just as much as a bio child, but she refused. She had a miscarriage and then tried a fertility treatment that was unsuccessful... so in the end she adopted a beautiful little girl from China.

So I thought that was really cool. Then this morning I was watching Barney and it was about China. In the end, this little white boy was telling this little Chinese girl that he was her brother... she was adopted from China.

Maybe I'm just being weird, but this seems a little too coincidental to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment