Saturday, August 7, 2010

List of special needs

Ok so I have decided to get the list of "special needs" from the agency that I think we will go with and research every one of them. Some of them scare me- like heart problems- but maybe they would be less scary if I would just do a little research. Since we have several months before we can begin the process, I may as well. Then, we'll be more prepared in case we come across the perfect child for our family who has a need that we haven't considered. I would have never thought we'd be open to the special needs that we are open to now if I hadn't learned more about them.

I'll post what I learn and if anyone wants to add anything, please do!!! I want to learn as much as possible beforehand.

This is completely off topic. The day before yesterday I noticed that my daughter had mucous coming out of her eyes (yuck- I know). So we took her to the doctor in the morning and found out that she had an ear infection in both ears :( We picked up her amoxicillin and gave her some right away when we got home.

Not long after she took it, she started getting these big red bumps on her face and shoulders. Pretty soon they were all over her body. I googled it and realized she was having an allergic reaction. Soo scary!! The rash got bad quickly and we didn't know if it the reaction would get even worse- like her throat closing.

I called the doctor and the girl that answered the phone was like--- ok so do you want to make an appointment or leave a message for a nurse. Really???? Are you crazy??? But a nurse got on the phone and told me to give her benadryl right away and not to give her anymore of the amoxicillin. The rash was gone within 5 minutes after giving her benadryl. But, that was a little scary. Thank God her reaction was very mild.

1 comment:

  1. I am really very glad after read here and I appreciate for the information that you presented here.

    ReplyDelete