Sunday, August 1, 2010

How did you find your child?

Someone asked this question in one of my yahoo groups. That is a good question! I always thought it would be better to have an agency pick a child and give you the referral. But, since we have 2 young children already, there are a lot of things with age to take into consideration. I thought that I would like to adopt a child that was younger than H, but after seeing that sweet boy's profile (he already got matched with a family btw) I think that a boy closer to C's age would be great, too. So, I may want to pick our child from Rainbowkids.com. Any advice? I guess I should't get too set on one agency over the other so that I can just go with the one that has our child listed. I know that they "share" profiles now, but I'm not really exactly sure how that works.

A lot of people have said that we should go ahead and have our homestudy done... but our orignal agency said that we need to do things in the proper order and have our homestudy done after we get our application approved.

Totally OT:

I bought my textbooks for school and will be starting in Aug. :0) I am REALLY looking forward to it. I'm such a nerd.... My first class will be on the Gospels and the book of Acts. I can't wait!! The program that I am in is set up for adults with a full-time life. So they have you take one course at a time- one night  a week (4hours) for 8 weeks. I'm going to go through December and then just register one class at a time while we are getting our paper work done. Then, after we bring our son home, I'll take a break for a while until we get well adjusted. I would like to get my Master's degree eventually, but my goal is just finishing one class at a time. If you already have young children, you know how quickly things can change and how hard it is to commit to anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment